Thursday, October 17, 2024

Caught in the Softness (In response to dying star by Ashnikko)





I need somethin’ warm, the sun between my bones,

Where whispers cradle me like gentle stones.

You were the tide, pulling me from despair,
A soft promise in the weight of the air.
You were a current, a song in my veins,
While I drifted in shadows, lost in the chains.

You held me like the dawn, unafraid to bloom,
Every heartbeat echoing, chasing the gloom.
I watched you thrash, a fish caught in dreams,
Your eyes like a storm, unraveling seams.
So I gave you my breath, my love like a flame,
In the mud we sank, but I’ll never feel shame.

I asked for the stars, you painted the night,
With down feathers scattered, you turned wrongs to right.
Your laughter was lightning, igniting the skies,
Together we swam, where the wild water lies.
In your embrace, I found solace anew,
With every soft fall, it was always just you.

So let the weeds grow, let the roots intertwine,
For I’m no longer lost, your heart is divine.
Through crooked trajectories, we’ll dance in the fray,
The ground reaching out, guiding our way.
I’m tired of the dirt, but in your love’s glow,
I’ve found my forever, where soft shadows grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment