Monday, April 3, 2017

Acid Beach

I can still remember the way the waves hushing soothed me to sleep. Never in a million years could you have come to me and said “One day you will be on a beach tripping balls” but, what is life if not a long list of things you never believed you would do. I recall every detail: the soft almost cloud-like feeling of the sand underneath my body holding me, while the ocean’s song brought on slumber. Slowly the wooden walk that stretched above our heads turned soft and plush like leaving me no choice but to hold onto it. My friends passed a joint around but, I was too consumed with the smell of oak, sea water, and burning wood. Filling my lungs, the aromas made refuge in my bones calming even the deepest feelings of anxiety. Then she kissed me, her familiar scent snuggling up to my ribcage and reminding me why I ever agreed to this in the first place. I could have died on her lips leaving this earth the only way God ever intended so, happy you could piss yourself and it wouldn’t even matter. Her arms wrapped around me and it was as if an angel was caressing me. We were two grown women sitting in a bear hug on the sand at two AM but, none of that mattered because in addition to the ecstasy and acid in my system I was full of love that reverberated between us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment